Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Honey, Don't Forget to Feed the American"

Very strange day yesterday:

I was at the local travel agency in Santander booking a trip to Paris (!) with Danielle and Monica. The travel agent asked me for my passport number. Like an idiot, I left both my passport and my copy of my passport back in my Santander apartment. Nice. So I proceeded to call, well, everyone. Mom, Dad, Jordan, Lauren who might know where they were. Nada. So I stopped because I didn't want to run up a huge phone bill. I called my host family. I started to think
about where exactly my passport was... in the dresser to the right of the bed with the lamp on top, first drawer, all the way in the back left-hand corner underneath the zip-lock bag of receipts. Simple enough, right?

This is what I think, more or less, came out of my mouth:

"Hello? Hello Padre. I'm Jennifer. I'm at an office for traveling and I need a lot my number of the passport from America. Could you look for me? In the bedroom with the little table on the right is my passport with a light, uh.. lamp. Yes, in the wood thing to hold things. The one close from top. The first one. Beside the bag of plastic and papers. To the left. It is blue and has a name on it that is mine and a picture on first page. It has a number that is mine. Dos cuatro what?... Ok. Now I have it. Muchisimas Gracias!"


Needless to say, I was the entertainment of the day for the ladies in the travel agency, and for my friends.

Anyway, Madrid this weekend, Barcelona the next, then Paris the next after that!!


Note: When I got home, my family was taking a nap, and forgot to set their alarm to cook dinner. So dinner came a little late, like 11:30 ish. But really it's ok. I just wanted to put it as the title of this blog because I saw a tv show that mentioned the title (The Simpsons? not sure). No more misleading titles after this blog, I promise. I just wanted a reason to share it with someone.

1 comment:

abclibrarian said...

Jennifer,
It sounds like you are having a great time. I can't wait to hear about Paris.
Mrs. Hervey