Thursday, August 14, 2008

How Barcelona ate Danielle's camera

So we (Danielle and I) were scouting some Gaudí art and walking a little at the same time towards the bus stop. Danielle tripped (curse those cobblestones!) and since her camera lens was open, it smashed right into the pavement. Needless to say, the camera didn't survive. We weren't exactly having the best of luck that day (hotel A.C. was broken, the bus lines were running slow), and afterwards we decided we enjoyed Madrid much more, but Barcelona was still worth it.

Barcelona art rocks. Picasso, Dalí, and Gaudí lived and left their art all over the city with the most prominent one, in my opinion, being Gaudí's La Sagrada Familia. Gaudí started this huge church in the early 1890's and it still has about 30-40 years before it'll be finished. When it's built, it will have 16 towers. Yeah, 16. It was my favorite part of Barcelona.

So we got back to Santander safe and sound. We took a boat ride around the bay yesterday, and afterwards we tried chocolate with churros (which are totally awesome) in a little cafe overlooking the boat dock. We stayed for like an hour discussing seagulls, Paris on Friday, and how Michael Phelps is collecting gold medals like Cracker Jack box prizes.

A few of us (myself included) have been feeling a little homesick so we are going to a little Mexican restaurant we found downtown for a guacamole fix to hold us off until we return to the U.S. next week. I'll be really sad to leave Spain, but I think I'm ready to get back. I miss my family and friends in Dallas and Austin and I can't wait to see everyone again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think Barcelona and Paris trump Tino's, but we'll go as soon as you get back!
i love you,
Jor